Thursday 20 September 2012


                                             

                                   Two days ago (9/20/2012) I went swimming in the Bay of Naples, it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, but most people would rather swim in a heated, clean pool. I had been wanting to swim there ever since we got here, I saw the clearness of the water near the boats at the bay and I immediately  made it my goal to go and explore. when I got there, I instantly found a fish flopping around on the side of the pavement. It had a broad body with pink scales and a split tail. instinctively, I placed it back in the water and it swam away. when I stepped into the water, I tried to find a good footing among the rocks, but they were all quite slimy. I was in the water before I knew it, but all the salt in the water helped me float leisurely. Soon I was exploring underwater looking for sea-life. I ran into a few schools of fish every now and then, but suddenly I found myself in front of a huge, yellow jellyfish (first picture above). It kind of looked like a fried egg yoke to me, very strange kind of ocean-life. Instantly I took a quick picture and video of it and bolted out of the bay as fast as I could, afraid that it might be venomous. After that I hung around the bay and played around with the crabs on the rocks. As entertaining as it was for me, the crabs didn't seem so happy about it. Most of them ran away under the cracks of the rocks, but one crab that was hiding in a small hole in the wall (a wall separating the boat bay from the rest of the water) was a bit braver than the others. I stuck a feather in his "cave" and he grabbed it and tried to take it away from me. Amused, I kept up with this for quite a while. after that, I found a big hole in the pavement where some little striped shrimp and gray fish were swimming around.        

No comments:

Post a Comment