Thursday 17 January 2013

Jules' Art projects

                                                         Since we arrived at our temperalily permanent appartment (which if you want to hear all about it, you should read my mom's blog at http://dayinthelifeoftheleclairs.blogspot.ca/ ) in Naples, we have each been sitting in our room and  doing our own thing for all day, so I won't be telling of any adventures in old ruins and stairways and such. But these past few days havn't been entirely boring and un-productive. My room in the appartment came with a reme of paper on the desk (I ran out recently) and that just made my day! It actually made three days ( of craftiness)..... Anyways so I only had white paper the first day, so I just used what I had (colored pencils, crayons, glue, tape, and markers). I planned on making a 3-d pop out scene with a semi-folded sheet of paper that I colored with colored pencils lots of hills and trees, flowers and grass, and the sun, sky and clouds(my original plan was to have 4 scenes, each depicting a season, but I was inspired to do otherwise. This one was supposed to be my summer scene). the main object of the scene was an apple tree, so I drew the trunk on the semi-folded paper, and created the leaves on a seperate piece of paper and connected the sides of it to the 'sky' to make it pop out (this I did with the sunshine except I used bunched up paper strips underneath it to make it bounce a bit). The finishing touches was a little girl on a swing and the pop-up grass that I glued to a paper traced out just to fit the angle of the semi-folded paper (the whole scene took 2 days!!), and TA DA!-
Inspired by the last, I made another after I bought some new sheets of colored paper at IKEA, and used the same technique, but instead of coloring the sea and sky with pens and markers, I used my new colored paper (I used my pencils for the ship)! So it didn't take as long as the last (merely 3 hours), but I think I like this one even better than the summer scene---------------------------
 
Since I had very little glue after these two crafts, I just decided to use an old pen to get those last bits of sticky out and onto my butterfly craft!----
It's really amazing what you can do with just a few pieces of paper and some glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment