Tuesday 23 October 2012

                                October 23, 2012      Today we went exploring the roads of Posillipo (where our house is currently) and found a large park not too far from our house. We had already been to the park before with our tour guide (he was our house searcher as well) but we wanted explore the rest of the park too. there was a nice, sunny area where the pavement came to a cliff (of course it had walls and fences) with an amazing view of the water below and an island not far off. The sight reminded of an old game that my brother and I used to play called Sid Meyer's Pirates. what the game was about was finding crew at nearby havens and taking down ships in the sea and gathering loot from them, you could also go look for and take down the well-known pirates and find their buried treasure. Anyways, so at the park, my favorite part was chasing all the lizards that were sunning on the warm walls near the cliff. They are really fast and super hard to catch! But finally, I caught a pretty good sized lizard and took a picture (top). After that I felt pretty accomplished and tried to catch some more, I grabbed at a big lizard that was fleeing over the edge of the wall but it ejected its tail before I could grab the rest of him, so I was stuck with a little tip of a tail flopping around and squirming. I saw my mom walking over and quickly stuck the tail into a little crack in the wall so part of it could still be seen flopping around. When my mom finally came over, I told her that a lizard was trying to fit into the hole in the wall, mom was amused until I pulled out the tail and set it on the wall. She was really freaked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment